A new name for a new experience
A different kind of country club
This is not the country club of the movies. It’s the kind of club that welcomes everyone, whether you golf or not. Our driving range is as much a virtual reality experience as it is a practice range. We embrace technology and anything that makes the game fun. Our course is playable by beginners and a challenge for scratch golfers. No membership needed and no out-of-date rules, just a pleasant experience. Our restaurant and bar are going to blow you away. We’re bringing the modern game of golf to Vancouver Island. You’re going to love it.
A new kind of driving range
With lounge seats, and radar technology the Driving Range brings twice as much excitement. You can still hit balls to warm up for a round. But what’s new is that you can also watch the game, hang out with friends, and with the Toptracer technology, play courses all over the world, drive for show and analyse your swing. It’s a new kind of entertainment everyone will enjoy.
The local connection
The Mailman family is behind the revival of golf on the North Island. Kris Mailman Sr. grew up in Campbell River as part of a family tree that goes back to the earliest settlers in the area. He started his home building business in town before expanding it into one of the largest residential builders in western Canada under the Broadstreet Properties and Seymour Pacific banners. The head office for both companies is now in downtown Campbell River, just a five minute drive from the golf course. The family is bringing decades of experience and more to the project of creating a new kind of golf course. They see it as a way of giving back to the community that has given them so much.
This is just the beginning
We’ve got big plans for the Campbell River Golf & Country Club. A hotel, spa, and a brand new club house, restaurant and convention centre are in the works. The transformation will be constant and continuous. We’re never going to sit still.
Who We Are
Reinventing the golf course takes a special group of people and a “hole” lot of hard work.
The Campbell River Golf & Country Club is hiring. We’re looking for dynamic and engaging people who want to be part of a team reinventing the game of golf on Vancouver Island. Think you’re up for the challenge?
Check out the open positions below. Then apply by emailing your resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org There’s no need to include a cover letter, but please include your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
- Manages all ornamental landscapes, plants and plantings.
- Selects, propagates and grows plant materials for ornamental use on and around the golf course, clubhouse and other buildings.
- Designs flower beds and cultivates shrubs and flowers.
- Trims and prunes hedges and shrubbery.
- Designs, installs and maintains irrigation systems for landscaping.
- Devises weed control strategies on all surfaces (mulch, asphalt, concrete, etc.).
- Supervises a small group and employs routine maintenance of ornamental plantings.
- Applies pest control strategies. Manages nutrient and water applications for optimal plant health.
- Education, training and/or equivalent experience in horticulture or a related field.
- Perform other duties as directed or required including golf course maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of soil fertility, water use management, plant health and pest control methods and materials.
- Positive attitude and a very strong work ethic.
- Documented examples of previous work. Pictures of projects or a portfolio of past work.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- A highly competitive salary or hourly rate that is open for negotiation
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, pension plan, $170 yearly fitness benefit, and paid cell phone